About Me

Texas gal moved to the Emerald City last year and still seeking a meeting with the Wizard (but I love the red shoes!). I am a food network schooled cook, headhunter extraordinaire,spa aficionado, human to two pups, girlfriend to a commitment phobic man and romance writer gone rogue. This blog is an attempt to find my muse and exercise the writing muscle. Join me on my journey and I hope to make you smile.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time Travel Vacations

Where is my flying car?  I was promised a flying car.  Next best thing is a week vacation transported into 3 days of holiday.  How can we pack a week's worth of vacation into 3 days?  Interdimensional  travel... maybe.  But my formula is to escape to the rainforest, take long walks in the rain, eat delicious food at every opportunity and laugh.  A lot.  I shared this weekend with T-Man in visiting from Austin.  Saturday found us taking in the sights of Pikes Market with delectable fresh crab salad and fried shrimp.  Saturday night fever struck us and we danced until 2AM.  Sunday came too early but found us on a ferry over to the Olympics and into the rainforest with a quick trip to Lake Crescent.  The trees talk in the silence there, while the lake reflects the majesty that surrounds us. Magic does not even begin to describe it.  Nighttime fell with us walking along the beach and the sound of gulls calling out to sea.  Poaching ourselves in the jacuzzi was the perfect unwind from our travels.  Monday was scented with lavender from Sunshine Farm including lavender hot chocolate.  Lunch was served at a snug harbor cafe with steamers and fresh homemade clam chowder.  Back over the pond of Puget Sound we enjoyed a sunny day and dinner at the divine Thai Ginger.  I am tired and overfed but happy.  This morning is berry bar and conversation with friends.  I look forward to the laughter as I know the rest of my week will be quieter and one of reflection as I look to starting work next week in a new role.  The flying car would have made the journey easier, but sometimes it is the journey that is the vacation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment