About Me

Texas gal moved to the Emerald City last year and still seeking a meeting with the Wizard (but I love the red shoes!). I am a food network schooled cook, headhunter extraordinaire,spa aficionado, human to two pups, girlfriend to a commitment phobic man and romance writer gone rogue. This blog is an attempt to find my muse and exercise the writing muscle. Join me on my journey and I hope to make you smile.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 1 of blog

My morning started off chasing the puppy (Levi) through the house and out into the yard; him with my best red bra in his mouth and glee in his gate and me with no caffine in me yet.  I gave up coffee last year but that is another story.  Needless to say the neighbors got a show as the tug of war commenced.  I won (he is only 4mos old after all) but Mr Johnson will never look at me the same again. Yuck.   I guess I should introduce myself dear reader.  My name is Kat, well actually my name is Katari but since no one can pronounce my name and I'm in sales, Kat will suffice.  I often tell people upon meeting me that my dad was "just creative in the 60's" but since reaching an undisclosed age over 40, I figure that statement just dates me.  So I tell them Katari rhymes with canary and hope for the best.  I plan to use this blog for a recipe log, depository of the humor I see in life, and chronicles of the journey over the Grand Canyon to this lovely city of Seattle.  We ain't in Texas anymore and that is for sure~! 

Last nights dinner creation actually inspired me to start this blog that has been bouncing around in my head for a while:  Fish tacos with homemade slaw.  The slaw was the star of the show.  I really must remember to take pictures of the dish, but I don't even have any idea how to post them yet. 

Fish Taco Slaw
1/4 head cabbage, finely chopped
handful of baby carrots chopped
1/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
handful of raisons
1 tbl of Apple Cider vinegar
2 tbl of Miracle Whip (yes, I am from the south)
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp local organic honey

Toss and let marry in fridge till dinner time (couple of hours)

It turned out to be the love-child of coleslaw and carrot salad.  The Arky (commitment phobic boyfriend of 7 yrs who is from Arkansas and one of the best men you will ever meet) said it was amazing.  I agreed so wanted to post it because I do not follow recipes and never remember what I created.  Next time I will take pics…promise.

So now off to my latest addiction... hot yoga http://www.hotyogainc.com/.  I still roll my eyes that I've become "one of them" but it is the only place I've been warm since moving here.  I told my brother it is a lot like doing yoga on the sidewalk in New Orleans during August.  Being from New Orleans, he could not fathom why I would want to do that.  I told him it is a Seattle thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Woot First Post! That's so funny, I was just thinking of starting a blog about our adventures in remodeling. Taking lots of pics so I can!

    Love ya sis, good luck in your posting venture!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete